Patient Comments: Claudication - Treatment

What forms of treatment, including medication or surgery, did you or a relative receive for claudication?

Comment from: PAD,PVD, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I've had angioplasty and stent placement over 4 years ago. I'm able to walk longer. However, I still get leg cramps, claudication. I guess I'd have the surgery over again because I'm now able to walk 1/2 hour to 45 minutes daily. This is great. I'm happy with my progress. Especially because my back is fused and I must have some exercise. Walking is #1 for PVD/PAD (Peripheral vascular disease/ Peripheral artery disease), so start walking.

Comment from: redhead02865, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I was wondering if PAD claudication could be a gene that is passed on from family member to family member. My grandmother, my mother, two of my kids in their 30s, and I have this problem. I'm the only smoker. I ended up having three stents put in my leg and then I developed blot clots. I would not go through this again because my legs still hurt.

Claudication - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with claudication in you or someone you know?
Claudication - Pain Question: Please describe the nature of your claudication pain.
Claudication - Diagnosis Question: How was your claudication diagnosed?