Patient Comments: Claudication - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with claudication in you or someone you know?

Comment from: construction worker, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

I had sharp pains starting in my buttocks that limited my walking to less than 100 yards at first. I took measures for claudication including stopping smoking cold turkey, eliminating sweets and snacks except nuts and apples, and included many healthy spices in my food with a daily regimen of walking and stair stepping exercise. Nothing worked. To increase the distance I walked more than 100 yards or so.

Comment from: shona, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 06

Whenever I do any physical activity, my left leg joint pains a lot. It gives stabbing sensation.

Claudication - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment, including medication or surgery, did you or a relative receive for claudication?
Claudication - Pain Question: Please describe the nature of your claudication pain.
Claudication - Diagnosis Question: How was your claudication diagnosed?