Clarithromycin (Biaxin, Biaxin XL) is an antibiotic drug prescribed for the treatment of a large variety of bacterium. Clarithromycin is used to treat infections of the middle ear, tonsils, throat, larynx, bronchioles, lungs, and skin. Side effects, drug interactions, warnings and precautions, and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to taking any medication.
What happens within the body when a person develops bronchitis? Take this quick quiz to learn the causes, symptoms, treatments,...learn more »
- Drugs: What You Should Know About Your Drugs
- azithromycin, Zithromax, Zithromax Tri-Pak, Zithromax Z-Pak, Zmax
- Drug Interactions
- erythromycin, Eryc, Ery-Tab, E.E.S, Eryped, PCE, (E-Mycin, Ilosone, and Pediazole are discontinued)
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the voice box (vocal cords). The most common cause of acute laryngitis is infection, which...learn more »
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »
Strep throat (Group A, beta hemolytic, streptococcus pyogene, GAS) bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep...learn more »
It is thought that the tonsils and adenoids assist the body in fighting incoming bacteria and viruses by helping the body form...learn more »
In This Article
- Tonsillitis and adenoid infection facts
- What are the tonsils and adenoids?
- What is the purpose of the tonsils and adenoids?
- What are the symptoms of tonsillitis or an adenoid infection?
- What does tonsillitis look like?
- Can someone catch tonsillitis from another person?
- What are common problems affecting the tonsils and adenoids?
- How are tonsillitis and adenoid infection diagnosed?
- How are tonsillitis and adenoid infection treated?
- What home remedies help soothe tonsillitis?
- When should the tonsils and/or adenoids be removed?