Patient Comments: Cirrhosis of The Liver - Causes

What was the cause of your case of cirrhosis of the liver?

Comment from: Amy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I was recently diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. I have never been a drinker. I am suffering with abdominal pain and swelling, problems sleeping, and I am starting to get dizziness and confusion. I do not have any insurance and am unable to get treatment if there is any.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 13

My dad is 54 years old and he was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. He found out when my mom and him where still together that was about 10 years ago. I am just now getting to know my father. He also has hepatitis C from doing drugs in the past. What is my concern is what can happen to him because he doesn't take care of himself like he's supposed to. He doesn't drink anymore, but smokes and he has emphysema and COPD and the doctors have told him to slow down on smoking but he will go through at least a few cartons a month.

Comment from: Ann, 55-64 Male Published: June 05

My boyfriend of ten years just found out he has cirrhosis of the liver. He fell down a flight of stairs headfirst and had to be taken to the hospital. After an MRI and a cat scan of his body, it showed the cirrhosis of the liver. He is a good eight drinks a night person. Mostly alcohol in mixed drinks than anything else. He won't admit to being an alcoholic even now, he laughs at what the doctor told him. He feels he can control the drinking and he will for a few days and then he feels he's been good and deserves a drink and then he's back to it every night.

Comment from: Samantha, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

My Cirrhosis is causes from my heart problems so they call it medical cirrhosis of the liver. Do to the back pressure of the blood from the heart. Which mine cannot be fixed as easy I would have to get a heart transplant and the liver as well and that is not happening any time soon I am only 29 years. old and now having to deal with this since birth a lot of people call me a fighter and don't know how I do it every day!

Cirrhosis of The Liver - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of cirrhosis of the liver can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Cirrhosis of The Liver - Treatments Question: What treatments did you receive for cirrhosis of the liver?
Cirrhosis Of The Liver - Diagnosis Question: How was your case of cirrhosis diagnosed?
Cirrhosis of The Liver - Experience Question: Please describe your experience, or the experience of someone you know with cirrhosis of the liver.