Ciguatera Poisoning Index
Ciguatera poisoning is a type of food poisoning caused by the ciguatera toxin found in a variety of large reef fish found between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. Symptoms of ciguatera poisoning include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, dizziness, vertigo, numbness, tingling, and muscle pain. Ciguatera poisoning requires medical treatment.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which the person has seizures. There are two kinds of seizures, focal and generalized. There are...learn more »
In This Article
Seizure (Epilepsy) Article
- Epilepsy Facts*
- What is epilepsy?
- What causes epilepsy?
- What are the different kinds of seizures?
- Focal seizures
- Generalized seizures
- What are the different kinds of epilepsy?
- When are seizures not epilepsy?
- First seizures
- Febrile seizures
- Nonepileptic events
- How is epilepsy diagnosed?
- Can epilepsy be prevented?
- How can epilepsy be treated?
- How does epilepsy affect daily life?
- Are there special risks associated with epilepsy?
- What research is being done on epilepsy?
- How can I help research on epilepsy?
- What to do if you see someone having a seizure
- Where can I get more information?
Vertigo is the sensation of spinning or rocking, even when someone is at rest. Vertigo may be caused by a problem in the brain or...learn more »
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...learn more »
In This Article
- Diarrhea facts
- What is diarrhea?
- What is the definition of diarrhea?
- What symptoms are associated with diarrhea?
- What are common causes of acute diarrhea?
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Bacterial enterocolitis
- Food poisoning
- What are common causes of chronic diarrhea?
- What kind of a doctor treats diarrhea?
- When should the doctor be called for diarrhea?
- How is the cause of diarrhea diagnosed?
- What home remedies help the symptoms of diarrhea?
- What medications are used to treat diarrhea?
- When should antibiotics be used for diarrhea?
- What are the complications of diarrhea?
- How can dehydration be prevented and treated?
- What about treatment of diarrhea in infants and young children?
- What about treating diarrhea in older children and adults?
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Food poisoning is common, but can also be life threatening. The symptoms for food poisoning are fever, abdominal pain, diarrhea,...learn more »
In This Article
Food Poisoning Article
- Food poisoning facts
- What is food poisoning?
- What are the signs and symptoms of food poisoning?
- Are food poisoning and stomach flu the same thing?
- How long does food poisoning last?
- What are the types of food poisoning?
- What are the causes of food poisoning?
- Short incubation of less than 16 to 24 hours
- Intermediate incubation from about 1 to 3 days
- Long incubation of 3 to 5 days
- Very long incubation
of up to a month
- When should the doctor be called for food poisoning?
- How is food poisoning diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for food poisoning?
- Are there any home remedies for food
- How can food poisoning be prevented?
- What are the complications of food poisoning?
- What is the prognosis for someone with food poisoning?