Patient Comments: Churg-Strauss Syndrome - Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with your Churg-Strauss Syndrome?

Comment from: Janet40, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I was previously diagnosed with small-vessel vasculitis. Four years ago, I had breast cancer and was treated with radiation, but no chemo. Four months later, I developed asthma, followed by hives. I saw an allergist and they could find nothing that I was allergic to. After many doctor visits, we reviewed lab work and it was noted I had a high eosinophil count. I did not respond to inhalers, but responded well to prednisone. I just had another exacerbation and the doctor said maybe I have Churg-Strauss syndrome. He wants to do a lung biopsy. I'm wondering if I have enough criteria to be diagnosed without having a biopsy.

Churg-Strauss Syndrome - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, have helped manage the symptoms of your Churg-Strauss syndrome?