Patient Comments: Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Treatments

What was your treatment for chronic rhinitis and/or post-nasal drip?

Comment from: abeliever, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I am a 52 year old female, and about 1.5 years ago I had a bad cold and sinus infection. Since then, I have had chronic, excessive post nasal drip. I am constantly having to clear my throat, sometimes to the point of making it sore. I saw a specialist who tried several different medications that didn't help much. I was then allergy tested and found that I am allergic to dust, and dust mites. After taking measures to lessen my exposure to dust, and taking Zyrtec and Mucinex daily, I was starting to notice some improvement. Then for no apparent reason the last few weeks it is back in full force. I would blame it on an early spring, but when I was tested for allergies, I didn't have any reaction to the pollen they tested me for.

Comment from: Regina, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I was recently prescribed with Nasonex every 2 hours and Allegra once a day. I have one or two PND attacks every year for the last 10 or 12 years and this usually works.

Comment from: Sneezy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 30

I am 31 years old male. I've been having chronic allergy which causes me to have watery eyes, post-nasal drip, and an itchy throat. I am allergic to dust, and a polluted area. I've been having this for 10 years and it's getting worse and could get worse. Been looking for treatment in the hospital, all I get was the same medicine which it didn't work for me. So hope I get the right treatment somehow, because I can't work properly all my life and I can't sleep well at night.

Comment from: eri Bee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I was suffering from chronic rhinitis. My symptoms were a yellow post nasal drip, clogged up sinuses that caused my teeth to ache in my mouth, persistent coughing that lead to a headache. I was prescribed Avelox (Moxifloxacin) antibiotics, a nose drop, Allegra D, a cough syrup and a nose drop.

Comment from: patricia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I got a cold (cough/flu) around January and somehow with the cough remedies like nasal spray-flucasone the flu disappeared it is end of February but I still had this irritating dry cough which is mostly bothersome at night. I was told it is a post-nasal drip, my doctor prescribed benzonatate capsules, nothing happened then omeprazole capsule which I take at bedtime no change still, I am coughing like there is no tomorrow I feel my stomach enlarging due to nonstop coughing and feeling so week. I am terrified at 44 years.

Comment from: TAR, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I have had post nasal drip for about 2 years along with sinusitis on and off. I have had the headaches and the throat and eye irritation. I was having stomach problems so I started taking psyllium fiber. For some reason a few days after I started taking that all my sinus issues stopped. even the headaches.

Comment from: dhwgal, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I had what my family doctor and ear, nose and throat specialist referred to as "post nasal drip" for my whole childhood and most of my adult life. About 5 years ago I was tested for allergies and found out that is what the "post nasal" drip was all along! I am 42 years old and to think I could have been breathing better my whole life! I am on allergy medicine now plus nasal spray and feel 200% better

Comment from: Al, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 10

I am 72 and have had post-nasal drip for about 10 years. Have had the surgery, have had all the nose sprays, have been to the "Specialist" at special medical schools, and a total of around 8 ENT's. None of them will get out of the box and all of them revert to allergy. I have been tested for allergies and have a seasonal one only. I have constant thick clear goop draining down my throat, keeps me awake every night. I do have sneezing attacks for a few minutes on occasion.

Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip.
Chronic Rhinitis - Causes Question: What causes or triggers your case of post-drip or chronic rhinitis (for example, pollen, animal dander, other allergies)?
Chronic Rhinitis and Abnormal Nasal Secretions - Causes Question: Causes vary: what conditions caused your abnormal production of nasal secretions?
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Medications Question: What medications have been effective in treating chronic rhinitis or post-nasal drip?