Patient Comments: Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Medications

What medications have been effective in treating chronic rhinitis or post-nasal drip?

Comment from: creative nest, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I have suffered with waking at night for too many years to mention like I'm gasping for breath and coughing with excess mucus but I'm hoping finally that I have found the answer. My general physician has sent me for various tests over the last 18 months; endoscopy, barium swallow, acid monitoring. I have tried every tablet for possible GERD but those did nothing. But now I have started using steroid nasal drops called vistamethasone, I am on day 6 and last night I woke once instead of the usual 5 or 6 times. This medication can only be used for 7 days so I will have to see what my next step is with my general physician, but fingers crossed I am on my way to a full night's sleep after many years of suffering.

Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip.
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for chronic rhinitis and/or post-nasal drip?
Chronic Rhinitis - Causes Question: What causes or triggers your case of post-drip or chronic rhinitis (for example, pollen, animal dander, other allergies)?
Abnormal Nasal Secretions - Causes Question: Causes vary: what conditions caused your abnormal production of nasal secretions?