Patient Comments: Chronic Rhinitis and Abnormal Nasal Secretions - Causes

Causes vary: what conditions caused your abnormal production of nasal secretions?

Comment from: cmk, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I've had sinus drainage for my entire life. In 3rd grade I would get sick in the morning with all the mucus that drained into my stomach. My doctor put me on Dallergy JR. Eventually I took Zyrtec every night. I saw an allergist, so they said I have 'environmental rhinitis' because I didn't react to anything abnormally. I'm 20 today and I still have this problem. I want to find a natural solution for it because I have a hard time exercising without choking on mucus.

Comment from: C.R.C., 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I had surgery on my nose to remove 2 small basal cell carcinomas. The doctor elected to do a flap on each. First one for a spot on the tip of my nose was a flap starting above and between my eyebrows all the way down to the tip of my nose. The second, a teeny spot on the side of my nostril was another flap involving the entire bottom side nostril. I now have a continuous nasal drip on that side nostril. The surgery was about six weeks ago.

Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip.
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for chronic rhinitis and/or post-nasal drip?
Chronic Rhinitis - Causes Question: What causes or triggers your case of post-drip or chronic rhinitis (for example, pollen, animal dander, other allergies)?
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Medications Question: What medications have been effective in treating chronic rhinitis or post-nasal drip?