Patient Comments: Chronic Rhinitis - Causes

What causes or triggers your case of post-drip or chronic rhinitis (for example, pollen, animal dander, other allergies)?

Comment from: DotV, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I use to be allergic to cats. My symptoms got really bad during allergy season. I was sent to a specialist where I was told that my sinuses were to blame. I have an air purifier and an air conditioner. I do have carpet. I'm allergic to every kind of pollen. I take fluticasone and loratadine. I miss living in the northwest where my allergies weren't a problem.

Comment from: Angela, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have rhinitis and sinusitis, and now they seem to be getting worse. I can't stand, walk, or do any normal things in life without my nose pouring. If I lay or sit down, the mucous goes down the back of my throat and makes me gag. I can't sleep, and stay home from work because I work at a health center and deal with patients. I don't know what to do. I am on doxycycline, cetirizine, and rinse with salt water. It seems like nothing works.

Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip.
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for chronic rhinitis and/or post-nasal drip?
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Causes Question: Causes vary: what condition caused your chronic rhinitis or post-nasal drip?
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Medications Question: What medications have been effective in treating chronic rhinitis or post-nasal drip?