Patient Comments: Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with chronic rhinitis and post-nasal drip.

Comment from: vasta, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I have had post nasal drip for over 10 years and even had surgery which made the situation worse. My main problem is I have bad breath, lost a lot of weight and cannot sleep well. I have used all sorts of sinus medications in vain and now use saline water, which helps me but I have to keep clearing my throat of sticky mucus. I am fed up of this condition.

Comment from: sharon, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I have had chronic non-allergic rhinitis with post-nasal drip and such bad cough. I use Flonase daily, saline flush, and keep my head elevated at night. I take Zyrtec daily. I mainly have this issue more mid-summer into early fall. Fans, air-conditioning and certain scents make me cough more. I have been tested for allergies by an allergist and I have none. He diagnosed me with non-allergic rhinitis. I have used Singulair and Atrovent nasal spray without much positive effect. Sometimes talking for a long time causes a lot of coughing. I also have watery eyes.

Comment from: Mel, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

Ever since I had a bad virus that lasted 10 weeks nearly 12 months ago, I've had a bad taste in my mouth with a dripping feeling at the back of my throat. Been to 4 doctors, dentist, oral surgeon, and a naturopath for 6 months to eliminate foods that might have caused it, now to the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialist. The naturopath put me on a detox plan which has helped slightly but I still have the taste. The ENT guy recently put me on Maxor, Nasonex nasal spray and an oral thrush liquid as well as telling me to rinse my mouth with sea salt and bicarb soda at night. Halfway through the Maxor tablets, I still have the taste. Had a CT scan still to get the results. It is a constant pain and very depressing.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I have a very sensitive nose that can't handle smoke, cologne, cut grass so many more. Then when the seasons change I go through severe sinus infection which generally turns into bronchitis and the worst headaches ever. Needless to say I have very short times during the year when I am not sick. My doctor gives me Levaquin and steroids.

Comment from: twonotrump, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I have been coughing for a week and I have been using prescription pain pills for a week and Aleve for back pain. I then developed the post nasal drip, not a new thing for me. I have been using Mucinex DM and a saline nasal solution but neither is helping. I am also drinking more water. This really gives you a low quality of life. It is difficult to go any place because of the cough. I also have no sleep. I am not going to take Aleve any longer see if that helps.

Comment from: Toulula, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I have had post nasal drip for 6 years, had different nose sprays and tablets and nothing helps. I got rid of grass in garden and carpets in house, but nothing helps.

Comment from: ralph, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 19

As soon as I get up from my bed, my nose starts running and I start sneezing.

Comment from: intubation nasaldrip, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

Following nasal intubation, I have constant clear nasal drip.

Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for chronic rhinitis and/or post-nasal drip?
Chronic Rhinitis - Causes Question: What causes or triggers your case of post-drip or chronic rhinitis (for example, pollen, animal dander, other allergies)?
Chronic Rhinitis and Abnormal Nasal Secretions - Causes Question: Causes vary: what conditions caused your abnormal production of nasal secretions?
Chronic Rhinitis and Post-Nasal Drip - Medications Question: What medications have been effective in treating chronic rhinitis or post-nasal drip?