Patient Comments: Chronic Pain - Age, Gender, and Pain

Discuss your experience with and observations of gender and age in relation to pain tolerance.

Comment from: Neuromag, 35-44 (Caregiver) Published: August 25

In my studies I have found no difference in pain. It struck me as odd while in college for my PhD. in neuroscience that too in this day and age, students were taught women had lower pain thresholds and experienced more pain than men. Given that I am female and had natural childbirth I thought 'if that were true, no one would have more than one child'. I did some physiological studies and found that woman are more vocal with regards to pain. Men tend to keep it to themselves. Physiological responses to pain were the same - in laymen's terms; the stuff on the inside of us all that makes us human had the same response to pain regardless! Be it male or female!

Chronic Pain - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective for your chronic pain.
Chronic Pain - Diagnosis Question: How was your chronic pain diagnosed?
Chronic Pain - Management Question: What techniques have been effective at managing your chronic pain?
Chronic Pain - Marijuana and Pain Question: Do you use marijuana to manage chronic pain? Please discuss your experience.
Chronic Pain - Phantom Pain Question: Have you or someone you know experienced phantom pain? Describe what it's like.