Patient Comments: Chronic Pain - Marijuana and Pain

Do you use marijuana to manage chronic pain? Please discuss your experience.

Comment from: Patrick, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

I'm a legal patient and caregiver. I've found if I can get the medicine in me I can manage without hurting my back. It does a great job on many types of pain, mostly body pain. If it's eaten it works slower but lasts longer, both are a great way to attack pain in many natural ways.

Comment from: Freezing64, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

I have been using marijuana for several years now. I have MS, acromegaly, severe migraine s, depression, and back pain (due to a crack in my lower back). I am also being tested for other chronic diseases. I was prescribed fentanyl patches. It did not help with the pain and, in fact, almost killed me. I can't understand why doctors are so terrified to sign the Health Canada application. I have asked my GP, my endocrinologist, and my MS neurologist. I believe I have finally found a doctor who specializes in chronic pain, but he is two hours away from me. I hope that I will finally have a license to legally possess marijuana. I feel it is far safer than all of the prescribed narcotics. It really should not be so difficult to find a doctor who is willing to help.

Chronic Pain - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective for your chronic pain.
Chronic Pain - Diagnosis Question: How was your chronic pain diagnosed?
Chronic Pain - Management Question: What techniques have been effective at managing your chronic pain?
Chronic Pain - Phantom Pain Question: Have you or someone you know experienced phantom pain? Describe what it's like.
Chronic Pain - Age, Gender, and Pain Question: Discuss your experience with and observations of gender and age in relation to pain tolerance.