Patient Comments: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your chronic fatigue syndrome?

Comment from: Yogi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I put a lot of strain on my body because I work 75 hours a week. And I guess pulling a muscle for the first time in my life, is the price I paid. I pulled my hamstring, probably grade 1, while trying to stretch a static stretch. The pain shoots from the left of my knee (back of knee) to my femora. It is weird how it feels as if a car crashed into my thigh. The muscle and tendon around my right knee is swollen and tender and 24/7 inflamed and painful. I cannot really afford to rise my leg above heart for 5 days to recover (RICE method). I will get ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory). It is a much pain as a bad sciatica or an open nerve on a tooth.

Comment from: Mellisa, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

Fruit juice was the best remedy for constipation in children. I can't find any better remedies that can help my daughter to get rid of the constipation. I highly prefer the pear juice and the apple juice for constipated child. My daughter is fussy, so I only add 1 ounce of fruit juice to dilute with fluids. She did not notice and was able to finish the whole bottle. It helps her to get rid of the constipation problem when she was only 2 years old.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

I broke my humerus from a fall, my first broken bone.

Comment from: 007chef, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I am 37 years old, diagnosed with strep throat! What seemed to be a weekend getaway with the wife, and little cousins blowing up balloons with laughter turned out to be a terrible weekend. Strep throat for eight days with enormous pain. I had unbearable throat pain with ravaged tonsils and fever. It beat me down. If one truly acquires real strep throat, yikes! It may seem like it will never end, however thankfully there is light at the end! Humbling experience.

Comment from: Arihana, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I am 68 and while I was clinically diagnosed with fibromyalgia only last October, 2014, I had been dealing with the symptoms for over 30 years. I think there is also chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) in the mix because the degree of exhaustion I suffer is awful and at the moment seems to be getting worse. I slept for 15 hours the night before last and woke up exhausted. As with most other sufferers, I was told my issues were related to depression, arthritis, sleep apnea, etc. I think having pneumonia at 11 months followed by bronchial colds as a preschooler and finally developing full scale asthma at the age of seven is quite possibly the reason for my problems now. I have had ill health all my life and the fatigue kicked in after I married a guy with two early teen children, then had a child of my own having had one from my first marriage. It was all too much for an already fragile system. Recently my husband and I had a month overseas. I had had a bad flu and a bout of diverticulitis prior to us going, then came home with a chest infection after a trip which I realize now, was too much for me. All I want to do is stay in bed and sleep at present. I feel useless and it is hard not to let depression in. When I force myself up, I can do only a tiny bit then have to rest. It's driving me mad. I hope I will gradually stabilize a bit but I'm not counting on it. My husband does try to understand. I am fortunate in having one close friend who really does know how I feel and that helps so much.

Comment from: CrazyNanna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

With chronic fatigue syndrome I have fatigue in every muscle, including brain, digestion, breathing and eyesight problems. I have extreme constipation after any exercise (1 tsp psyllium husk in a glass of water a day helps me), light and sound sensitivity, brain fog, joint and muscle pain, dry itching skin, bloating, short term memory problems, and disorientation.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Coping Question: How do you cope with chronic fatigue syndrome?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Coexisting Diseases Question: In addition to CFS, do you have another disease or condition? Please share your story.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment have you had for chronic fatigue syndrome? What medications do you take?