Patient Comments: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your chronic fatigue syndrome?

Comment from: MaryB, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

I was diagnosed with mono 20 years ago. I am a 59 year old female teacher who loves to exercise, dance garden, bike and enjoy life. When I feel good, there is nothing I enjoy more than to be outside all day and enjoy as much activity as possible. CFS usually hits me in the fall. My doctors think it may be exposed to viruses. Sometimes I am down for a week, sometimes 3 months. This past year, I found a doctor who took me off sugar, processed foods, tried to build up my immune system with many vitamins and supplements. It didn't seem to make a bit of difference. I am also on Cymbalta. I am going on a 3 month bout of "good days and crashing." Some years I am fine and other years I am just wondering when it will end. This is the first blog that I have read that I feel like you people understand my symptoms. Thank you! It was so good to hear other people do too much. I try not to beat myself up too much for that. I love you all and understand your pain.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Coping Question: How do you cope with chronic fatigue syndrome?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Coexisting Diseases Question: In addition to CFS, do you have another disease or condition? Please share your story.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment have you had for chronic fatigue syndrome? What medications do you take?