Patient Comments: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Treatment

What kinds of treatment have you had for chronic fatigue syndrome? What medications do you take?

Comment from: Very tired!!, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

No one knows how to treat chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). We can send a man to the moon but CFS nothing. I used to take Provigil, it worked for a while, but it is very difficult to get a class A narcotic. Finally I stopped taking it. All of sudden the CFS stared to get less frequent. This was happening for several years, however, the symptoms have started, only not as severe. Thank goodness. This is really starting to get to me physical and mentally.

Comment from: tmhandamh, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

I have been ill with chronic fatigue syndrome since February. The doctors insist that it's viral and I just need to wait it out. The latest visit took me out of work for a week so I could just rest. I still don't feel 100 percent. The fuzzy brain, joint pain, muscle pain, and all the rest are what has been bothering me all year. I have had a couple of bad falls and I'm not recovering easily. My feet are nearly always purple and cold. My stomach is always sore too. I had gastric bypass a little over a year ago, so I wasn't thinking anything of my symptoms. I have taken each item by itself until the fatigue has gotten so bad. I'm hoping I get a definitive diagnosis at my next appointment so I can find real help to get back into a remission state.

Comment from: Tiredtodeath, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

L-Theanine is the only thing that helps with memory issues, concentrating and feeling better but must be taken in high doses (12 pills/day).

Comment from: Camille, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

My doctor had been trying to find different methods of curing chronic fatigue syndrome. I am in constant relapse. I have had this problem for more than 20 years.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Coping Question: How do you cope with chronic fatigue syndrome?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your chronic fatigue syndrome?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Coexisting Diseases Question: In addition to CFS, do you have another disease or condition? Please share your story.