Patient Comments: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Coexisting Diseases

In addition to CFS, do you have another disease or condition? Please share your story.

Comment from: shemaggiema, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

My CFS was diagnosed about 6 months after the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. The pain was significant and was the most pressing issue in the beginning. I had a bout of mononucleosis and never got better. My thinking was severely impaired, I felt as though my head was full of cotton. At first I could manage a partial day at work if I started early in the day. Eventually my memory and cognition became so impaired I could no longer work. I knew I was tired but had no idea why I had no memory and could not keep a train of thought. The diagnosis: CFS.

Comment from: Fr C, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

Subarachnoid hemorrhage a few years ago wiped out my pituitary. No hormones and no adrenal function. On total hormone replacement therapy (HRT) including growth hormone. I am suffering more and more from real fatigue. Just can"t really make the pace but need to keep full time job on the go. Health team suggests that"s the way it is but surely there has to be something for this chronic fatigue syndrome!

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Coping Question: How do you cope with chronic fatigue syndrome?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your chronic fatigue syndrome?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the events that led to a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment have you had for chronic fatigue syndrome? What medications do you take?