Patient Comments: Chronic Cough - Remedies

What remedies have been effective for your chronic cough?

Comment from: Sasikala, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 31

My mom who is 49 years old having chronic cough for the last 3 to 4 years. Took blood test, pulmonary function test, chest x-ray, TB test. All came back normal. Whenever she goes to doctor they say all is normal, gives an antibiotic and cough syrup, but cough does not go away. She is chronically having cough. Now my father also recently got cough. He is also suffering from chronic cough for the last one month. My brother also gets affected with cough frequently.

Comment from: dry cough relief, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 19

Ginger remedy relief for dry cough: Miracle. My dry cough became so severe I couldn't stand myself. I sliced a dozen very thin slices off a ginger root, placed them in a small 6 oz glass bowl and added orange juice. The orange juice softens the ginger slices and taste. I chewed one ginger piece at a time and sipped on the juice. After 8 slices and drinking the juice my coughing stopped. I keep a small bowl of ginger slices mixed with orange juice in the fridge and chew on a piece if I start to cough.

Chronic Cough - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your chronic cough established?
Chronic Cough - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you used for your chronic cough?
Chronic Cough - Causes Question: Did you develop a chronic cough after an illness? What was the cause of your chronic cough?