Patient Comments: Acute Bronchitis - Symptoms

If you've been diagnosed with acute bronchitis, what were your signs and symptoms?

Comment from: IWRHJ, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I am confused, depressed, and can't understand, with this new technology, why we can't get correct treatment. I have never smoked, and been very active. Approximately 5 years back I developed a cough and trouble breathing. I have been told I have bronchitis, COPD and asthma. I have been on steroids almost continually for approximately 5 years, and also antibiotics. I get no relief from inhaler or breathing treatments. I can identify with your concerns.

Comment from: Susan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I got my daughter's cold and it progressed to lots of coughing, wheezing, and terrible shortness of breath. At night and first thing in the morning are the worst. I'm on day three of 40 mg of prednisone and a Z-Pak. I'm still having trouble. I'm already on Symbicort and Flonase.

Chronic Bronchitis - Treatments Question: What were effective treatments for your chronic bronchitis?
Bronchitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bronchitis.
Chronic Bronchitis - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your chronic bronchitis?