Patient Comments: Chronic Bronchitis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your chronic bronchitis?

Comment from: Barb, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have a productive cough mainly at night. It starts with a tickle in the throat which makes me crouch and then I produce quite a lot of clear, non-odorous foamy sputum. I need to suck a sweet to calm it down and then an hour or two later I wake with a need to cough again because of this persistent tickle. Sputum culture negative, allergy blood test negative, spirometer test is 40% down in lung capacity. I started this cough last March 2013, and I have been given inhalers, the latest one Eklira Genuair 322, but it does not help.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I have had cough and mucus for more than three weeks. I also had a pain in front of my chest. Inside my chest I feel aching effect. I took medication, amoxcillin for 7 days and Augmentin (coated amoxcillin) also for 7 days, but I am still coughing. Coughing is severe early in the morning and in the evening, but at night I fill hot and better.

Chronic Bronchitis - Treatments Question: What were effective treatments for your chronic bronchitis?
Bronchitis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with bronchitis.
Acute Bronchitis - Symptoms Question: If you've been diagnosed with acute bronchitis, what were your signs and symptoms?