Patient Comments: Cholesterol - Medications

Are you taking medication to lower your high cholesterol?

Comment from: kimbrly567, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I'm 45 years old and was diagnosed with high cholesterol 5 years ago. My doctor put me on 20 mg of Zocor. While on Zocor I noticed I was experiencing some brain fog and loss of memory. I tried taking it every other day and still nothing helped. My doctor said my cholesterol was back up so he increased my dose to 40 mg. Things got worse so I stopped taking it all together. I then started exercising, losing weight and eating better. I was tested again a year later and my cholesterol had not changed. I just started on Crestor so in 6 months we will see if this is better.

Cholesterol - Numbers Question: What are your cholesterol numbers?
Cholesterol - Lifestyle Question: What lifestyle modification strategies are you using to manage your high cholesterol?
Cholesterol - Lowering Foods Question: Are you eating cholesterol-lowering foods to manage your high cholesterol?