Patient Comments: Cholesterol - Lifestyle

What lifestyle modification strategies are you using to manage your high cholesterol?

Comment from: newveganontheblock, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

A year ago my cholesterol was 215, and as someone who has never been overweight and always eaten what I thought was normally, I was concerned. I went vegan 8 months ago (no meat, dairy, or eggs), and I just got my blood work back: HDL is 63, LDL is 84, both in the optimal ranges. It"s not nearly as difficult to stick to that diet as I first thought it would be.

Comment from: fish234, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

I think I will go the route of vegan and see what happens. I I do not want to go on any medication for high cholesterol as there are several side effects.

Comment from: fish234, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 14

I will start eating healthier, cut down on my fat intake and check with my doctor in 3 months. I'm not on any medication for high cholesterol at the present time.

Comment from: Nurse_julie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I was diagnosed with high cholesterol several months ago and I'm worried because my dad, uncle, and cousin all had heart attacks at a young age. Since I was diagnosed I've radically changed my diet and started exercising regularly. I'm not taking any chances!

Cholesterol - Numbers Question: What are your cholesterol numbers?
Cholesterol - Medications Question: Are you taking medication to lower your high cholesterol?
Cholesterol - Lowering Foods Question: Are you eating cholesterol-lowering foods to manage your high cholesterol?