Patient Comments: Cholesterol - Numbers

What are your cholesterol numbers?

Comment from: Pinky, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

MY HDL cholesterol is always over 116 to 120. MY LDL is now (taking Crestor 10 mg) 103 but together my doctor thinks it's too high, 246! Sounds good to me.

Comment from: pkflashgh, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

My cholesterol level is 199 just disclosed by my doctor. It was 136 two years ago, last year 178 and this year 199.

Comment from: 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

My total cholesterol is 219 LDL is 121, HDL is 81 and triglycerides 83.

Comment from: gb, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 25

My total cholesterol count is 221, HDL 40, LDL 163, and triglycerides 86.

Comment from: parekh, Male (Patient) Published: November 20

My cholesterol level used to be 5 to 5.3. But last week it went to 7.2.

Comment from: toni, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 05

I have been using cinnamon on my oatmeal, in my coffee and in my Greek yogurt, and my good cholesterol has gone up 25 points and my triglycerides have gone down 30 points. It is the only real change I have made in my diet since my last blood test, there is a connection here.

Comment from: liz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

My cholesterol number is 251.

Comment from: Tensi, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

My cholesterol number is 297.

Comment from: AtHomeMom, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 31

My husband has high cholesterol (245 mg/dL) and his doctor wants to put him on a statin but I'm concerned about the potential side effects. We might try red yeast rice extract first.

Cholesterol - Lifestyle Question: What lifestyle modification strategies are you using to manage your high cholesterol?
Cholesterol - Medications Question: Are you taking medication to lower your high cholesterol?
Cholesterol - Lowering Foods Question: Are you eating cholesterol-lowering foods to manage your high cholesterol?