Cholecystectomy is surgery to removed the gallbladder. A laparoscopic cholecystectomy is a less invasive way to remove the gallbladder using a laparoscope. Benefits of the laparoscopic cholecystectomy is a shorter recovery time.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Jaundice in adults may be caused by a variety of medical diseases or conditions. Some cases of jaundice can be managed at home...learn more »
In This Article
Jaundice (Adults) Article
- Jaundice definition
- Jaundice in adults
- What causes jaundice in adults?
- Pre-hepatic causes
- Hepatic causes
- Post-hepatic causes
- What are the symptoms of jaundice in adults?
- What are the risk factors for jaundice in adults?
- How is jaundice in adults diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for jaundice in adults?
- What are the
complications of jaundice in adults?
- Can jaundice in adults be prevented?
- What is the prognosis of jaundice in adults?
are stones that form when substances in the bile harden. Gallstones (formed in
the gallbladder) can be as small as...learn more »
Pancreatitis is a rare disease in which the pancreas becomes inflamed. There are two types of pancreatitis, acute and chronic....learn more »