What other names is Chlorophyllin known by?
Chlorophylline, Chlorophylline de Cuivre Sodique, Chlorophylline de Sodium et Cuivre, Clorofilina, Sel Cuprique de la Chlorophylle, Sodium Copper Chlorophyll, Sodium Copper Chlorophyllin.
What is Chlorophyllin?
Chlorophyllin is a chemical that is made from chlorophyll. People use it as a medicine.
Older people take chlorophyllin for controlling body, fecal, and urine odors; and for treating constipation
Don't confuse chlorophyllin with chlorophyll.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Controlling urine odor in older patients who can't hold their urine and have a catheter.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Reducing body odors. There is some evidence that chlorophyllin might help reduce body odors in older people.
- Constipation. Some research suggests that taking chlorophyllin might relieve constipation in older people.
- Reducing fecal odors. There is some evidence that chlorophyllin might help reduce fecal odors in older people.
- Gas (flatulence). Some research suggests that taking chlorophyllin might reduce gas in older people.
- Other conditions.
More evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness of chlorophyllin for these uses.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).