Patient Comments: Chlamydia In Women - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your Chlamydia?

Comment from: ben ovah, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

This guy that I have been dating for just a few months just started having sex with me. Little did I know that he had a wild drunken night and his ex had taken advantage of him and they had sex that night. Just recently I started bleeding during sex and I just thought it was because we don't do it as often. He gets a phone call today from his doctor saying his text came back positive for Chlamydia! This was SO horrible to hear I started to cry! All my ladies out there, watch out for yourselves! Wear a condom and don't be stupid!

Comment from: Female Published: July 09

I'm 18 and have been having unprotected sex with my bf but recently discovered I had a UTI so I went to get that treated but 3 days later I got a call from the doctors saying I was positive for Chlamydia! Now my bf has to be tested and it wasn't easy telling him! He was clean so I got it from one of my previous partners who said they were clean but I've learned now not to trust anyone always use protection.

Comment from: dwainey, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I am a 33 year old woman and I found my long term partner had been sleeping with all sorts behind my back. Fairly early on into a new relationship I started having severe abdominal pain, I could hardly walk and sex really hurt. I could hardly move and I bled for about 3 weeks solid. I was so shocked when the doctor had diagnosed it as I really thought it was something more life threatening. I feel as though I never want sex again and I feel disgusted but it wasn't my fault and I am thankful I am clear now. Trust no one but yourself!!!

Comment from: 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I'm 18 and I had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend one time. I started to have lower abdominal pain on my right side. I went to the doctor and a couple days later they called me and told me I tested positive. She gave me medicine (the single dose) a month later I went back to the doctor to make sure everything was ok. She tested me again and I was positive. She now has me on the 7 day dosage. I'm praying it works. I used to think that something like this would never happen to me, but it did and I'm now paying the consequences for it. Girls be responsible and don't listen to your boyfriend if he insists on having unprotected sex because in the end you could be the one suffering. It's extremely important to get checked out. This is your life take control!! I'm learning the hard way.

Comment from: Beauty, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

Chlamydia is very serious and most people really don't even understand how important it is at the age of 17. I already know where my road goes as far as having kids its painful and I think about it every day. Get yourself checked out regularly just to be safe and use protection no matter the circumstances.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I was positive for chlamydia in jan 2012. My symptoms were lower back pain and I bled during sex once. Me and boyfriend were both treated. Now almost 1 year later I have been re-tested and it is positive again (no symptoms). I'm frustrated because I have only slept with him (with condoms) in the last 12 months...

Comment from: kayliejd, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

I didn't even know I had chlamydia until I went to my doctor to get my IUD checked. After I came home I talked to my partner and found out that he has had chlamydia. I was devastated and still am to this day. I go to see my doctor again to get treated.

Chlamydia In Women - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment, including medication, did you receive for chlamydia?
Chlamydia In Women - Diagnosis Question: How was your chlamydia diagnosed?