Childbirth Class Options (cont.)
Where to Find Birthing Classes
There are many ways to find childbirth classes in your community. Start with
your obstetrician, family doctor, or midwife. You may also locate classes
through the following:
- Friends, family members, and acquaintances
- Hospitals, pregnancy centers, and birth centers
- The International Childbirth Education Association, which teaches
- Specific childbirth education organizations
- Community resource centers
If you find that a technique you are interested in is not taught in your
community, don't rule it out. Some courses can be taken via book or DVD in the
comfort of your home.
WebMD Medical Reference
SOURCES: Last Editorial Review: 4/29/2011 5:23:28 PM
The Nemours Foundation: "Birthing Classes."
American Pregnancy Association: "Childbirth Education Classes."
University of Cincinnati: "Lamaze."
University of Maryland Medical Center: "Bradley Method."
Pregnancy.org: "Pregnancy and Childbirth with the Alexander Technique."
Hypnobirthing.com Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD on February 25, 2010
© 2005-2014 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.
Source article on WebMD