- Stages of Pregnancy Slideshow Pictures
- Slideshow of Early Pregnancy Symptoms
- Conception (Egg to Embryo) Slideshow Pictures
- Find a local Doctor in your town
10 questions to ask when choosing a childbirth class
Asking the following questions may help women decide on a childbirth class. There are no right or wrong answers. Thinking about these issues may help you clarify your own interests and goals.
- When and where does the class meet? How many sessions are offered?
- Is the class designed for expectant mothers or for couples?
- Is there training for the expectant woman's partner? Is this important to you?
- What is the cost of the class? Will insurance cover the cost?
- How are the teachers trained?
- Does the teacher have experience with this type of class?
- What is the class size?
- What kinds of medical interventions are covered in the class?
- Does the class promote natural birth without medications or does the class allow women to choose medical intervention?
- Does the class run throughout pregnancy or only in the later stages?
Medically reviewed by Wayne Blocker, MD; Board Certified Obstetrics & Gynecology
Medscape. Update on Nonpharmacologic Approaches to Relieve Labor Pain and Prevent Suffering.