Patient Comments: Chiggers - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your chigger bites?

Comment from: leigh rockwell, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

While camping I became bitten by chiggers. I put North American Herb and Spice Oreganol oil P-73 on the bites. It kills bacteria and stopped the itching. Very healing. It can be used for many other things orally or topically. All natural mountain grown oregano. I love it and use for a number of things-even viruses, colds.

Comment from: Chigger magnet, Published: June 29

Absorbine Jr. works great for chigger bites! A friend just told me about it. I really got attacked over the weekend and this has taken the edge off the itch like nothing else has.

Comment from: Les, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 14

I played softball a couple of days ago and everyone suffered from chigger bug bites. I had extreme itching that was driving me crazy. I decided to surf the web for remedies. Someone posted to use biofreeze for immediate relief. Instead I used mineral ice just to see if it would work. Well, it works. I will continue this treatment. I used Benadryl, but only got temporary relief. I hope this lasts. I will trade off smelling like an old man instead of scratching myself insane.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 06

I live in a wooded area and have struggled for years with chiggers until someone told me to use antiperspirant on and around the area of the bites. I also put it behind the knees, groin area, waist and armpits. Works like magic to stop the spread of them. Maybe because the chiggers require a moist environment to survive.

Chiggers - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were the symptoms and signs of your chigger bites?
Chigger Bites - Prevention Question: Please share tips for preventing chigger infestations and bites.