Patient Comments: Chiggers - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your chigger bites?

Comment from: JenBon, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

I have over 1,500 bites from the middle of my legs down on my feet. It has been miserable and caused me to run high fever, because of the inflammation that was caused. I have been bathing twice a day in Aveeno Oatmel Bath. I also have rubbed my legs down with green alcohol (to dry them out) and then put cortisone cream on my legs at least three times a day. I'm on day 4 and they have shrunk more than 50%.

Comment from: Phil, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 12

First, take a warm shower ensuring the affected chigger area is thoroughly scrubbed. Second, after drying gently prick the 'bite' with a sterile needle. Third, put a single drop of iodine on it. After the burning stops, the itch should be gone.

Comment from: leigh rockwell, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

While camping I became bitten by chiggers. I put North American Herb and Spice Oreganol oil P-73 on the bites. It kills bacteria and stopped the itching. Very healing. It can be used for many other things orally or topically. All natural mountain grown oregano. I love it and use for a number of things-even viruses, colds.

Chiggers - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were the symptoms and signs of your chigger bites?
Chigger Bites - Prevention Question: Please share tips for preventing chigger infestations and bites.