Table of Contents
Quick GuideBad Bugs: Identify Bug Bites From Mosquitos, Spiders and More
Chiggers At A Glance
- Chiggers are the larval (juvenile) form of a type of mite (Trombiculidae).
- Chiggers do not burrow into and remain inside the skin, contrary to popular belief.
- Chiggers inject digestive enzymes into the skin and feed upon the decomposed tissue.
- Pronounced itching is the main symptom of chigger bites.
- Bites may appear as blisters or as flat or raised red areas.
- Treatment involves supportive measures to control itching. Continue Reading
2. Luc Viatour / www.Lucnix.be (Wikipedia)
5. WebMD - Steve Pomberg
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter