Patient Comments: Chickenpox - Adult Experience

Question:Please describe your experience with being infected with chickenpox as an adult.

Comment from: Priscilla, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I am on my third day of being diagnosed by chicken pox. But I am pretty sure the symptoms, namely fever, weakness, dizziness, loss of appetite and other flu-like symptoms showed for 4-5 days before the blisters and the miserable shingles and blisters appeared. I am not worried of being sick, it is a breaking point I can pretty much handle, but it itches and it is very irritating! One of my hobbies is to model and I am very concerned to develop pox scars. It will totally decrease my confidence.

Comment from: mommy2, 35-44 Female Published: May 18

At 38 years old, my experience wasn't as bad as I heard it could be. I had a slight fever, sore throat and my ears were sore. The one thing I didn't like was the fact that the bumps were in my head that was IRRITATING!!! But the oatmeal/baking soda baths and calamine lotion helped out a lot!

Chickenpox (Varicella) - Side Effects Question: Did your child experience any side effects from the chickenpox vaccine?
Chickenpox - symptoms Question: How did you first notice you or your child was infected with chickenpox?
Chickenpox - Treatment Question: What did your doctor recommend to treat chickenpox?
Chickenpox - complications Question: Did you or your child experience complications from chickenpox? What happened?
Chickenpox - prevention Question: Were you or your child vaccinated against chickenpox? Why or why not did you decide to get the vaccine?