Chest X-ray Index
Chest X-ray is a type of X-ray commonly used to detect abnormalities in the lungs. A chest X-ray can also detect some abnormalitites in the heart, aorta, and the bones of the thoracic area.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
What happens within the body when a person develops bronchitis? Take this quick quiz to learn the causes, symptoms, treatments,...learn more »
Picture of Aorta
The aorta is the largest artery in the body. See a picture of the Aorta and learn more about the health topic....learn more »
Pleurisy, an inflammation of the lining around the lungs, is associated with sharp chest pain upon breathing in. Cough, chest...learn more »
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...learn more »
In This Article
Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count) Article
- Polycythemia facts
- What is polycythemia?
- What are normal ranges of hematocrit, red cell counts, and hemoglobin?
- What causes polycythemia?
- What are the causes of primary polycythemia?
- What are the common causes of secondary polycythemia?
- Can other sources of erythropoietin (EPO) cause polycythemia?
- What is relative polycythemia?
- What are the risk factors for polycythemia?
- What is stress polycythemia?
- What are the symptoms of polycythemia?
- When should I see a doctor about polycythemia?
- How is polycythemia diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for polycythemia?
- What are the complications of polycythemia?
- Can polycythemia be prevented?
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for polycythemia?
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »