Patient Comments: Chest X-Ray - Describe Your Experience

Question:What were the results of your chest X-ray?

Comment from: b. larson, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I was coughing all day and night, and bringing up phlegm that is as thick as paste in the morning. I had a chest x-ray and my general physician said I have scars on my lung. I called my respiratory doctor and he said not to worry unless I do not feel well.

Comment from: Newsonct2, 3-6 Male (Patient) Published: September 24

I have had sinus infections for most of my working life. I had an immunology test taken and I have what is called IgA deficiency, which has to do with the mucous membranes in your body. When the specialist told me about it I asked him what we can do about it and he said nothing. I have to take a test every few years and if I ever need to go into a hospital I have to let them know about this because I would need much stronger antibiotics to take care of any problem I may get with my intestines or sinus cavity. So if you keep having these sinus infections ask to have the test taken so you will know the reason why you are so susceptible to chronic sinus infection.

Comment from: Charlies1, 45-54 (Patient) Published: August 17

For a pre-operative hand surgery, a chest x-ray was done and the doctor reported I had early signs of emphysema. A shock to me as I had never had breathing difficulties and have always been an avid exerciser. However, had many years of smoking previously - had quit over 4 years ago. 53 years of age. The anesthesiologist for my surgery said he doubted I had emphysema as I would have noticed shortness of breath, especially on the treadmill I use regularly. I clear my throat from time to time and the doctor said this may be part of the illness. Still wonder if I have it but take albuteral twice daily.

Comment from: Myra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

After a lung infection, follow up x-rays reported a horizontal fissure is visualized.

Comment from: Finny, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

Six months ago I was in a bad car accident. My clavical and sternum were fractured. I recently had a CT Scan and discovered that my sternum is still fractured. I am still in a lot of pain. Physical therapy seems to hurt more than help. I am taking Flexerall and Vicadin. Nothing more has been done to help me. I can not drive or do many of my normal activities.

Comment from: SusieF, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I just had a chest x-ray at age 51 because I smoked for 38 years and told my doctor I coughed a lot which I felt was due to sinus issues. I am VERY thankful that the results were 'normal' and I was able to quit smoking with Chantix - finally! Getting the x-ray only took moments, but I sure was afraid of what they would see. I didn't know the heart could also be noted for issues as well in the x-ray. I feel like I have a second chance in life!