Patient Comments: Chest X-Ray - Describe Your Experience

Question:What were the results of your chest X-ray?

Comment from: Charlies1, 45-54 (Patient) Published: August 17

For a pre-operative hand surgery, a chest x-ray was done and the doctor reported I had early signs of emphysema. A shock to me as I had never had breathing difficulties and have always been an avid exerciser. However, had many years of smoking previously - had quit over 4 years ago. 53 years of age. The anesthesiologist for my surgery said he doubted I had emphysema as I would have noticed shortness of breath, especially on the treadmill I use regularly. I clear my throat from time to time and the doctor said this may be part of the illness. Still wonder if I have it but take albuteral twice daily.

Comment from: Myra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 08

After a lung infection, follow up x-rays reported a horizontal fissure is visualized.

Comment from: Finny, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

Six months ago I was in a bad car accident. My clavical and sternum were fractured. I recently had a CT Scan and discovered that my sternum is still fractured. I am still in a lot of pain. Physical therapy seems to hurt more than help. I am taking Flexerall and Vicadin. Nothing more has been done to help me. I can not drive or do many of my normal activities.

Comment from: SusieF, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I just had a chest x-ray at age 51 because I smoked for 38 years and told my doctor I coughed a lot which I felt was due to sinus issues. I am VERY thankful that the results were 'normal' and I was able to quit smoking with Chantix - finally! Getting the x-ray only took moments, but I sure was afraid of what they would see. I didn't know the heart could also be noted for issues as well in the x-ray. I feel like I have a second chance in life!