Patient Comments: Chest Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your chest pain?

Comment from: Christine M., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

My chest pain was caused by Takotsubo cardiomyopathy brought on by severe stress. Because I have a history of psychiatric problems, the pain was assumed to be a result of anxiety, and I was not assessed or given an ECG for three hours. Within minutes of having the ECG done, I was moved to Cardiac Care where I stayed for three days. I suffered a great deal of physical pain and discomfort and emotional trauma due to this lack of compassionate care.

Comment from: brennie12, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I suffer from shortness of breath and chest pain when I walk up a hill or stairs. I went to the doctor, and he found I had an enlarged liver. The enlargement could have caused pressure and caused the chest pain, he said.

Comment from: brennie12, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

Comment from: Christine M., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

Comment from: Cuthcavs79, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: November 11

I wrestle, and the weird thing is that after practice I was fine. A few hours later, after doing work I guess with a bad posture, I started experience sharp chest pain and had a difficult time breathing and getting up and sitting down. I went to the doctor the next day, and they said it was costochondritis.

Comment from: ABS, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

My chest pain is caused through inflammation of chest due to pleurisy.

Comment from: Simon B, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 31

I have a serious chest pain. I developed it around June 2009 when i was doing a job of offloading and loading heavy materials from trucks. I did not do proper treatment at first because it was not severe, and i was also a smoker of cigarettes and marijuana and gomba (some type of leaves (drug) chewed with bubble gum). My situation worsened and i had to quit smoking, but up to now i still fill severe pain even when i just sit near someone smoking, carry something too heavy, or even run some distance etc. Please your help will be highly appreciated.

Comment from: John Keith, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 31

Walking upstairs, the pain lasted 5 minutes.

Chest Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your chest pain?
Chest Pain - Broken or Bruised Ribs Question: Was the cause of your chest pain broken or bruised ribs? Please share your story.
Chest Pain - Diagnosis Question: What were the tests and exams you received for your chest pain? What was the diagnosis?
Chest Pain - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with chest pain.
Chest Pain - Angina and Heart Attack Question: Was angina the reason for your chest pain ? Please share your experience.