Patient Comments: Chest Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your chest pain?

Comment from: Bill, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 24

I've been having a reoccurring chest pain on my left side by my heart for a long time now. I was checked by a specialist and even went to the ER, and they said I had digestive disorders. I'm not sure, but I think it's more serious than what they told me.

Comment from: ., 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 17

I feel pain in my left and right chest when I turn to the both sides. A scan has been done including X- ray, but nothing was found. I have taken drugs like Peflotab, Fleming, Vitamin tabs and muscular skeletal drugs, but the pain still persists.

Comment from: LPMT, 45-54 Female Published: January 22

My chest pain started when I began to have gum irritation. Both started this year when menopausal symptoms became severe. The chest pain comes and goes, is always on the left side 3-4 inches below shoulder and sometimes travels down upper left arm. I had preliminary tests by cardiologist which showed nothing. However MD wants to do more tests - just in case. Periodontist is at a loss. Says it could be estrogen fluctuations, etc. I am 49 - female.

Comment from: chunkyt, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have sickle cell disease, and I've already had a stroke. Now, for the past two years, I have been having pain in my chest. It is located in the back right under my shoulder bone, and whenever I take a deep breath, it is met with a sharp stabbing pain, and I can't catch my breath. My heart rate is in the 100s when I am standing, and the oxygen level is in the 70s, but when I am sitting or lying on my right side, then it is at 100%. I have had the chest X-ray and blood test and they were abnormal. So the doctors did a CT scan, which didn't show anything.

Comment from: ChestP, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 04

I have sleep apnea, and I went to the hospital with chest pains and palpitations. They did a sonogram and a treadmill test. They said nothing showed up. However, I still have chest pains during the day.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

My chest pain is a burning sensation that goes into my back. It is always there. The doctors say it is anxiety. I have had a million EKG's and chest x-rays. They are fine.

Chest Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your chest pain?
Chest Pain - Broken or Bruised Ribs Question: Was the cause of your chest pain broken or bruised ribs? Please share your story.
Chest Pain - Diagnosis Question: What were the tests and exams you received for your chest pain? What was the diagnosis?
Chest Pain - Pneumothorax Question: If the cause of your chest pain was pneumothorax, please discuss the tests, diagnosis and treatment.
Chest Pain - Angina and Heart Attack Question: Was angina the reason for your chest pain ? Please share your experience.