Patient Comments: Chest Pain - Cause

What was the cause of your chest pain?

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I have a lot of chest tightness and pain due to asthma. I am short I breath and cough from asthma. My doctor told me today it is from asthma but on the other hand, I do not ignore the pains in my chest.

Comment from: bmrav71, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I went to the emergency room with severe left chest and left back pain. I had many test preformed including a stress test. The stress test came out negative and my medical doctor seems as if he's not concerned.

Published: March 04

Thank you very much for giving such valuable information in the service of humanity. Mahesh Kumar Sharma, MD

Comment from: Babu, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 11

2 weeks before I was having a severe chest pain. I just Googled “chest pain” and it came to your site where it clearly mentioned about the symptoms which I had. Immediately, I went to hospital and was admitted in hospital emergency ward. It was myocardial infarction. I was under treatment for 2 weeks. Now, I am back at home and I am resting. Thanks a lot, it saved my life!

Comment from: Mary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 30

The cause of my chest pain was a heart attack. I am a 77 years old, and when I was 75, I suffered two heart attacks. The pain was below my sternum, radiating to my back. Soon it was all over my chest. I never sweated or had jaw pain or arm pain. My son and grandson who live with me rushed me to the hospital. I was having a heart attack and the cardiologist did an angioplasty and opened the left main artery which was 80 percent blocked. I go for stress tests and am very thankful that my children insisted that I go to the hospital.

Comment from: duncs, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 09

So I have angina, but I usually have a bad day when the temperature changes rapidly. Now I have had chest pain for 2 days and all the symptoms of angina, for which the doctors have been treating me for 13 years.

Comment from: equitation, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I had some "tearing and stabbing" in my left upper chest a few weeks ago after recovering from a cold/flu and couldn't breathe. I saw a doctor at a walk in clinic and she told me she thought I tore a muscle in my chest and to take it easy for a while. I work outdoors. Now, a few weeks later during rest in the evening it has come back very strong and I cannot breathe or exert much effort into anything without feeling severe pain. It is now over 2 days straight and it is not improving. I know I should go back to the doctor.

Comment from: E Cameron, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 07

My chest pain was caused, I'm certain, by excessive alcohol abuse. I had short stabbing pains for most of the following afternoon. Call it the hangover from hell if you like. I went to the hospital and received excellent care. It was decided after two blood tests, 4 EGCs, a chest x ray and 3 blood pressure tests that I did not suffer a heart attack. The pains were most likely nervous system induced but none the less frightening. Less than 48 hours later I have had no pain.

Comment from: pooja, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

Hi. I got TB on 22 Feb., 2009. I have completed my course for 6 months and still have problems like cough and chest pain.

Chest Pain - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your chest pain?
Chest Pain - Broken or Bruised Ribs Question: Was the cause of your chest pain broken or bruised ribs? Please share your story.
Chest Pain - Diagnosis Question: What were the tests and exams you received for your chest pain? What was the diagnosis?
Chest Pain - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with chest pain.
Chest Pain - Angina and Heart Attack Question: Was angina the reason for your chest pain ? Please share your experience.