Patient Comments: Chemical Peel - Side Effects

Did you experience any side effects with your chemical peel?

Comment from: Disappointed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I have fines lines and ice picked scars from my acne but I do not have pigmentation. Now I suffered severe 'burned patches' of island patches and spots on my cheeks since having done the chemical peel. I did ask the aesthetician about the appearance of extreme darkened patches the day after the peel. He assured me it is fine though I have a deep suspicion of the uneven patches. My face looks badly pigmented now. This is certainly a very bad job done on my face by an aesthetician with many years of experience. I seem to have permanent scarring now. I am extremely disappointed.

Comment from: Karen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

I had pigmentation and solar keratoses from sun exposure over the years. A doctor performed a chemical peel, and I'm very happy with the result. The initial treatment burned but was cooled with the use of a fan. My face did swell on the fourth day post-treatment, which required cortisone cream and tablets for three days, but after seven days, all main peeling had ceased and the result was excellent. It is now three weeks post-treatment and my face is great.

Chemical Peel - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with an at-home chemical peel.