Patient Comments: Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease - Treatment

What types of treatment have you received for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease?

Comment from: Nicho48, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

I have had Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease all my life. I have had surgery on my feet, claw toes triple arthrodesis at age 25. No one picked up on CMT despite the limp and foot drop, not until I was 50. I have been a chef all my working life, worst feet for worst job, fortunately my CMT is slow moving but am noticing effects at 65.

Comment from: Crystal, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 28

I am a mother of 4. My 9 year old Troy was diagnosed with CMT (Charcot-Marie-Tooth) 6 months ago. He walks on his tip toes and has stabbing pains in his feet. He already has nerve damage in his hand and legs. He has to wear leg braces at night to stretch his muscles and every year he has to get casted for a mold to wear on his legs.

Comment from: mike, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I was diagnosed with CMT 6 months ago. I have had increasing symptoms for years and finally foot deformities caused me to see a foot doctor, who referred me to a neurologist for a specific diagnosis. He put me on Gabepentin for the stabbing pain in my feet and calves.

Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease?
Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease - Type Question: What type of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease do you have, and how has it affected you?