Patient Comments: Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease - Type

What type of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease do you have, and how has it affected you?

Comment from: slhell, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 07

I broke my right foot while in the army. Since then I have had a problem with my right foot. I went to the doctor after years of continuous problem with my foot and after many tests I was found to have Charcot. I did have a bone infection diagnosed prior to finding out about Charcot. I believe the injury to my foot started the problem.

Comment from: Phil mawby, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I have had Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) disease for about thirty years. As there is no cure I, like all other sufferers, have learnt to live with it but sometimes it can be a struggle because of the constant pain when walking, which I cannot do much of.

Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease?
Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease - Treatment Question: What types of treatment have you received for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease?