Patient Comments: Chalazion - Causes

Do you know what caused your chalazion?

Comment from: EyeAmMike, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

I routinely had chalazia appear. They were so bad I had to have them surgically removed by my ophthalmologist. On a routine visit to my dermatologist I told him of my dilemma. He informed me that my slight case of rosacea is likely the cause of them. He prescribed 500 mg tetracycline once per day. I used it for years and was 100% chalazion free until recently; it is no longer available. Now I'm on doxycycline and guess what... I now have a chalazion.

Chalazion - Treatments Question: What treatment was effective for your chalazion?