Patient Comments: Cervical Dysplasia - Experience

Please describe your experience with cervical dysplasia.

Comment from: Echo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I got up in the dark to go to the bathroom. I knocked my shoulder on the first bathroom doorframe, lost my balance and stumbled forward, slamming my right little toe into the second doorframe. The pain was severe and I had to hang my foot over the bed to sleep. The next day it felt like a piece of broken glass was inside. It bruised up my foot and the toe was swollen and cherry red. I tried buddy taping for the broken toe, but that hurt worse and after a day I took it off. It's been two weeks and I'm just now walking with a mild limp instead of having to ride a cart at the food store. I'm still in very loose soft flip flops.

Comment from: Count Mahdrof, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I took a yoga class 35 years ago, and the only thing I took from it was the guaranteed ability to get rid of hiccups. If you sit still, and focus on relaxing your entire body, starting with the crown of the head and ending with the balls of the feet, while breathing as steadily and deeply as possible, your diaphragm will relax. My hiccups are usually gone before I reach the legs.

Comment from: Tinap, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I had a loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) for cervical dysphasia in February of 2014. I had a checkup 3 months after (in May) of same year, because I was moving. I have an appointment for a biopsy in March 2016. But I have had spotting after sex. I wonder if it is possible to have cervical dysphasia again.

Comment from: Candice, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I had cervical dysplasia when I was in my early twenties, 21 or 22 I think. I had an abnormal Pap and then a colposcopy and had a 2 to 3 level dysplasia. I had cold laser or cryotherapy and had no problems. They took the top layer off of my cervix to remove the lesion and then some. I have had no abnormal Pap smears or issues since. I am 48.

Comment from: Donna2711, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I returned an abnormal Pap smear which resulted in a diagnosis of CIN3 cells (cervical dysplasia - one step away from cancer). I had laser surgery on my cervix to remove and a follow up Pap smear 6 months later gave good results. I have however had a headache for the 3 days leading up to my period every month since.

Comment from: SarahLee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

First, I'm 49 and will turn 50 in about 6 months. Just like most of you, I had an abnormal Pap smear last year. My doctor said it was a very low grade and no signs of HPV (human papilloma virus). He suggested a colposcopy which I put off for about year for being so scared of the procedure and the results. Well, I had the procedure done today, which wasn't as bad as I thought. During the procedure, he took about 3 samples. I asked him what he saw. He said the areas appeared pale, so not to worry. My bad, I should have asked more questions about 'pale' areas. Now it's a waiting game. I'm so scared about cervical dysplasia that I have not told my husband or anyone. I'm embarrassed and afraid he might look at me in a different way. Suffering in silence until my results.

Comment from: 1976luckyme, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

Having had both my knees replaced by my 45th birthday, I had a premonition that one day the hips would be replaced as well. I was fortunate to benefit from Title IX while in high school, and playing 4 sports a year, volleyball, basketball, track and field, and cheerleading; and I am aware now that girls should be trained differently than boys, but that was not the case in the 70s. I place no blame, athletics served me well, 5 C-sections were a breeze. But this hip pain is scaring me and the locking and sizzling I feel in my top hip/thigh area is quite disconcerting!

Cervical Dysplasia - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Treatment Question: What type of treatment or procedure did you have for cervical dysplasia?
Cervical Dysplasia - Laser Treatment Question: Please describe your experience with laser photoablation to treat cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Prognosis Question: Have you had a recurrence of cervical dysplasia? Please share your story.
Cervical Dysplasia - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your cervical dysplasia?