Patient Comments: Cervical Dysplasia - Experience

Please describe your experience with cervical dysplasia.

Comment from: Echo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I got up in the dark to go to the bathroom. I knocked my shoulder on the first bathroom doorframe, lost my balance and stumbled forward, slamming my right little toe into the second doorframe. The pain was severe and I had to hang my foot over the bed to sleep. The next day it felt like a piece of broken glass was inside. It bruised up my foot and the toe was swollen and cherry red. I tried buddy taping for the broken toe, but that hurt worse and after a day I took it off. It's been two weeks and I'm just now walking with a mild limp instead of having to ride a cart at the food store. I'm still in very loose soft flip flops.

Comment from: Count Mahdrof, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

I took a yoga class 35 years ago, and the only thing I took from it was the guaranteed ability to get rid of hiccups. If you sit still, and focus on relaxing your entire body, starting with the crown of the head and ending with the balls of the feet, while breathing as steadily and deeply as possible, your diaphragm will relax. My hiccups are usually gone before I reach the legs.

Comment from: Tinap, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I had a loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) for cervical dysphasia in February of 2014. I had a checkup 3 months after (in May) of same year, because I was moving. I have an appointment for a biopsy in March 2016. But I have had spotting after sex. I wonder if it is possible to have cervical dysphasia again.

Comment from: Candice, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I had cervical dysplasia when I was in my early twenties, 21 or 22 I think. I had an abnormal Pap and then a colposcopy and had a 2 to 3 level dysplasia. I had cold laser or cryotherapy and had no problems. They took the top layer off of my cervix to remove the lesion and then some. I have had no abnormal Pap smears or issues since. I am 48.

Comment from: Donna2711, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I returned an abnormal Pap smear which resulted in a diagnosis of CIN3 cells (cervical dysplasia - one step away from cancer). I had laser surgery on my cervix to remove and a follow up Pap smear 6 months later gave good results. I have however had a headache for the 3 days leading up to my period every month since.

Comment from: 1976luckyme, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

Having had both my knees replaced by my 45th birthday, I had a premonition that one day the hips would be replaced as well. I was fortunate to benefit from Title IX while in high school, and playing 4 sports a year, volleyball, basketball, track and field, and cheerleading; and I am aware now that girls should be trained differently than boys, but that was not the case in the 70s. I place no blame, athletics served me well, 5 C-sections were a breeze. But this hip pain is scaring me and the locking and sizzling I feel in my top hip/thigh area is quite disconcerting!

Comment from: upsetsufferer, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I just underwent a LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure) for severe dysplasia roughly two weeks ago. In the past, I have had a molar pregnancy and abnormal/irregular menstrual cycles. I go nearly sixty days without one most of the time. Sometimes longer. I've had my first and probably only child in the past year (she has just turned one) and prior to having her, I had no issues from the time of my molar pregnancy with the subsequent D&C until now. I'm desperate to know if there is a connection between my molar pregnancy a decade ago and my current issue with cervical dysplasia. I'm due to see my gynecologist this morning but my period seems to have started sometime during my post-LEEP spotting and so I don't know if she can do her job just yet to follow up. This entire situation has massively impacted my relationship with my husband. I don't even want to let him touch me now once we get the all clear for sexual activity again. I feel nervous kissing my child as well. This entire situation has made me feel disgusting and low and that is in no small part thanks to the doctor who handled my colposcopy and biopsy (not my usual gynecologist). I'm miserable and I don't know how to express this to friends without telling them too much. It's extremely isolating. I feel very alone.

Cervical Dysplasia - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Treatment Question: What type of treatment or procedure did you have for cervical dysplasia?
Cervical Dysplasia - Laser Treatment Question: Please describe your experience with laser photoablation to treat cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Prognosis Question: Have you had a recurrence of cervical dysplasia? Please share your story.
Cervical Dysplasia - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your cervical dysplasia?