Patient Comments: Cervical Dysplasia - Prognosis

Have you had a recurrence of cervical dysplasia? Please share your story.

Comment from: Tinana, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Since 2007, I have had bad Pap smear test results. I have had probably 4 colposcopies, 2 LEEPs (loop electrosurgical excision procedure) and a cone biopsy. This past year 12/13 it came back HGSIL (high grade squamous intraepithelial lesion), HPV (human papilloma virus) and CIN3 (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia). I went to a gynecological oncologist and he will be doing a cone biopsy removing upper part of vagina. Results of this, he says will determine what type of hysterectomy I will have in the near future.

Comment from: fastminder45, 45-54 (Patient) Published: June 12

Yes, I have this again after about 15 years. I got it from a new partner -- that is what doctor believes. I have CIN1 (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia grade 1), which we are doing watch and wait. It makes me feel so stupid for getting this again. I hope my age doesn't hinder me from clearing it.

Cervical Dysplasia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Treatment Question: What type of treatment or procedure did you have for cervical dysplasia?
Cervical Dysplasia - Laser Treatment Question: Please describe your experience with laser photoablation to treat cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your cervical dysplasia?