Patient Comments: Cervical Dysplasia - Treatment

What type of treatment or procedure did you have for cervical dysplasia?

Comment from: Scared, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I am 44 years old. I've had two partners in my entire life. The first one 20 years ago! The current one 5 years ago, we were together a few months, broke up for about three years and I have been with him for the past two years. I went in for a routine Pap smear/HPV test. My results have always been normal. My results came back that I was HPV positive and had low squamous intraepithelial lesion with mild cervical dysplasia. I was advised to proceed with a colposcopy and possible biopsy. Scared, yes! But I immediately made an appointment for that afternoon. The doctor said my cervix looked normal, she did an acidic test in order to highlight abnormal cells. She also performed a biopsy. The whole procedure took 10 to 15 minutes. It was not painful. I am now waiting for my results (in about 5 more days). I'm hoping for the best. Please do not hesitate to have a Pap smear/HPV test and if necessary a colposcopy, both are not painful.

Comment from: Jade, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I had a normal Pap smear in 02/2012. I went again in 02/2014 and results came back CIN2, cervical dysplasia. I had colposcopy and biopsy and I will have to have the cells removed. I can"t stress enough how important regular pap smears are. Never put them off.

Cervical Dysplasia - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Laser Treatment Question: Please describe your experience with laser photoablation to treat cervical dysplasia.
Cervical Dysplasia - Prognosis Question: Have you had a recurrence of cervical dysplasia? Please share your story.
Cervical Dysplasia - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your cervical dysplasia?