Patient Comments: Cervical Cancer - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your cervical cancer?

Comment from: Koopaqueen91, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I am going to have a cone biopsy in 2 weeks. They found pre-cancerous cells on my cervix and some in my uterus. I don't know what this means. I'm so afraid that they will take my ability to have children away. I"m only 22.

Comment from: Deanna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I had stage 3B cervical cancer, and recieved 5 1/2 weeks of 5 day a week radiation, 1 day a week for 6 weeks of chemo, then I got a couple of weeks break and went in the hospital for braci-therapy, which is a radiation implant. At the time of diagnosis, I had a 10" tumor and now it is gone! Back to work and life is good! Still go see the doctors every 3 months. It's been 6 months and so far, so good!

Cervical Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for cervical cancer at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Cervical Cancer - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with cervical cancer?
Cervical Cancer - Share Your Experience Question: Did you have cervical cancer or a precancerous cervical condition? Please share your experience.
Cervical Cancer - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical cancer.
Cervical Cancer - Share Surgery Experience Question: Did you have a surgical procedure to treat cervical cancer or a precancerous condition? Please share your experience.