Patient Comments: Cervical Cancer - Risk Factors

Did you have any of the risk factors for cervical cancer at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?

A Doctor's View on HPV Vaccine Recommendations for Girls, Boys, Women, and Men

Read the Comment by Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD

The HPV vaccine is desinged to prevent cervical cancer and other diseases caused by HPV infection. There are over 100 types of HPV viruses. There are three HPV vaccines available. Gardasil and Gardasil 9. Side effects, ages and recommendations for the vaccine for both girls, boys, men, and women are provided. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: mommy zycheen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I'm 29, married and with one son, who just turned 2 years. Prior to my son's 2nd birthday, I had my DNC/ fractional curettage. My OB had my tissue/cell under biopsy. It was found out that I have cervical cancer. I have no symptoms, no discharge, and no bleeding or even pains. My only fear for this moment in time is about financial worries. I'm very positive about my remission. I believe in God, I believe in technology.

Comment from: ShyFighterHinata, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

Well I find when I exercise that I sometimes bleed from my vagina, I also have been known to bleed when I am under a lot of stress. My doctor has booked me in for a pap smear to find out what could be wrong. So if you guys would have any idea what it might be, I would be really happy to hear what you might think it could be.

Cervical Cancer - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with cervical cancer?
Cervical Cancer - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your cervical cancer?
Cervical Cancer - Share Your Experience Question: Did you have cervical cancer or a precancerous cervical condition? Please share your experience.
Cervical Cancer - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical cancer.
Cervical Cancer - Share Surgery Experience Question: Did you have a surgical procedure to treat cervical cancer or a precancerous condition? Please share your experience.