Patient Comments: Cervical Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with cervical cancer?

Comment from: brigit, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I had very bad cramping during periods (until I stopped eating dairy which helped a lot) and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in 1990, but did not have it treated for 7 years. I had a cone biopsy and D&C as well as heavy doses of grape seed extract for 3 months; I've been cancer free since!

Comment from: sunlover, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 13

My daughter had her first smear test when she was 25 (age for the UK is 25) she had no symptoms. She had LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure) but has now been diagnosed with cervical cancer. So sad.

Comment from: mommaof2, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I am 21 years old with 2 beautiful children I had went in to my GYN to get my annual pap smear and he happened to mention that after I had my 2nd child almost 3 years ago they found a high strand of HPV. Well I did not know this cause they did not call me so I am freaking out. Well I did my pap and it came back that I had cin 2 so I just had my colposcopy and biopsy done a couple days ago and I am scared that it may be worse than that the doctor said it looked pretty severe so he went inside my cervical canal and scraped cells of as well for testing. I am scared that I might I have full blown cancer. I have a lot of back pain. I have heavy bleeding during my period, and I have pain during sex so I don't know I am just scared! If anybody knows more about this please let me know!

Comment from: Tracy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

My main symptom was bleeding, that began and never stopped. It started as a little and finally increased so heavy, I required a blood transfusion. At my gynecologist they did a pap smear and it was normal. She suggested a D & C and a hysteroscopy and that was done and they took biopsies. The results came back as adenocarcinoma of the cervix and vagina. The only other symptom was some pressure in the lower pelvis and a very low back ache.

Comment from: Corpusmarielrubi1, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I had a biopsy done and I had cervical cancer cells. I am having a surgery done this Friday. It's called a cold knife cone. My back hurts and all my bones hurt a lot. And I have spot bleeding every day. I am scared to get to the point where I will need chemotherapy.

Comment from: ann, 55-64 Female Published: November 02

With cervical cancer, I had very bad discharge with terrible pressure on my stomach. I was very bloated and had terrible pain on my left side.

Comment from: venus, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 13

My girlfriend was diagnosed with cervical cancer about two years ago. She had all the treatments and was free for about one year. Suddenly about eight months ago, she began bleeding, and was told that the cancer had returned. She began the treatment all over again. Then the bleeding began in the back, bleeding from the rectum. She was told that she had 6months to live.

Comment from: Pushpa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I was treated with normal skin treatment for candidiasis. Later when I started losing weight and having frequent bleeding during intercourse and irritation all around the stomach area, my doctor gave me the Pap test, which proven to be stage III cervical cancer.

Comment from: Deanna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I started bleeding after intercourse, but thought that my period had just started again. My periods got very painful, but I just took pamprin. After a while, that didn't help, and I started bleeding pretty heavily & more frequently. The pain in my abdomen was excruciating!!!!

Cervical Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for cervical cancer at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Cervical Cancer - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your cervical cancer?
Cervical Cancer - Share Your Experience Question: Did you have cervical cancer or a precancerous cervical condition? Please share your experience.
Cervical Cancer - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical cancer.
Cervical Cancer - Share Surgery Experience Question: Did you have a surgical procedure to treat cervical cancer or a precancerous condition? Please share your experience.