Patient Comments: Cervical Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with cervical cancer?

Comment from: ann, 55-64 Female Published: November 02

With cervical cancer, I had very bad discharge with terrible pressure on my stomach. I was very bloated and had terrible pain on my left side.

Comment from: venus, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 13

My girlfriend was diagnosed with cervical cancer about two years ago. She had all the treatments and was free for about one year. Suddenly about eight months ago, she began bleeding, and was told that the cancer had returned. She began the treatment all over again. Then the bleeding began in the back, bleeding from the rectum. She was told that she had 6months to live.

Comment from: Pushpa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I was treated with normal skin treatment for candidiasis. Later when I started losing weight and having frequent bleeding during intercourse and irritation all around the stomach area, my doctor gave me the Pap test, which proven to be stage III cervical cancer.

Comment from: Deanna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I started bleeding after intercourse, but thought that my period had just started again. My periods got very painful, but I just took pamprin. After a while, that didn't help, and I started bleeding pretty heavily & more frequently. The pain in my abdomen was excruciating!!!!

Cervical Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for cervical cancer at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Cervical Cancer - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your cervical cancer?
Cervical Cancer - Share Your Experience Question: Did you have cervical cancer or a precancerous cervical condition? Please share your experience.
Cervical Cancer - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical cancer.
Cervical Cancer - Share Surgery Experience Question: Did you have a surgical procedure to treat cervical cancer or a precancerous condition? Please share your experience.