Patient Comments: Cervical Cancer - Share Your Experience

Did you have cervical cancer or a precancerous cervical condition? Please share your experience.

Comment from: scaredk, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I first had precancerous cells 7 years ago. I had a colposcopy and they were able to get all of it removed. I am now diagnosed again with precancerous cells. I have bleeding every other week like if I had my period every other week. It hurts when I have sex, worst in certain positions. I have brown discharge as well in between periods. Ladies, don't ignore the symptoms, you know your body, if you feel something is wrong, check with a doctor.

Comment from: Nat, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 04

I have had pap smears once a year since I was 18. When I was 25, the results came back and I had irregular cells. They did a biopsy and found precancerous cells. I had a surgery to remove a small part of my cervix and I get to see my doctor twice a year now. He told me that I'll need a hysterectomy either after I have children or at 35. I am 28 at the moment and wouldn't mind having the hysterectomy right away if it means I never get cervical cancer.

Comment from: michelle, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I am a little bit worried, I had pre-cancerous cervical cells removed and sent for biopsy. I am still waiting for results but my doctor has asked me to go for a blood test. I am feeling anxious and worried.

Comment from: ryan, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 04

My sister had a cervical cancer that spread over her stomach, the doctor said she is in stage 4. In 2 days now she will soon be treated with chemotherapy. I am now searching for good food for her.

Comment from: danae, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I had precancerous cells which were frozen that left scar tissue. Years later when I was giving birth, my cervix was sealed and I had trouble pushing and needed surgery to open my cervix before giving birth naturally. My daughter had her 9th year birthday today, whew!

Cervical Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Did you have any of the risk factors for cervical cancer at the time of your diagnosis? If so, what were they?
Cervical Cancer - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with cervical cancer?
Cervical Cancer - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your cervical cancer?
Cervical Cancer - Diagnosis Question: Please discuss the tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of cervical cancer.
Cervical Cancer - Share Surgery Experience Question: Did you have a surgical procedure to treat cervical cancer or a precancerous condition? Please share your experience.