Patient Comments: Cerebral Palsy - Symptoms

What are the main symptoms associated with cerebral palsy in you or a relative?

Comment from: rjp, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I have CP (cerebral palsy). My disability is described best by saying that I am spastic and rigid and my balance is affected as well. Lucky for me I can drive without supports. I have recently started using a cane that helps steady me for balance. Without the cane I fall a lot.

Comment from: Dana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I am 46 years old, now I walk with slight limp and my speech is a bit raspy and quivery. I can jog short distances (2-3 miles). But there are things I can't do, and I just accept that, and be grateful for what I can do.

Comment from: nene moreland, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I have a little cerebral Palsy but I dont have any problems. I can walk but I limp on my right leg. I am doing very well for a person with CP.

Comment from: Cindy, 0-2 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

My child's symptoms include stiffness, tiptoeing, conductive hearing loss in the left ear, hypothyroidism, pronated feet, and low muscle tone.

Cerebral Palsy - Share Your Experience Question: Do you, a relative, or friend have cerebral palsy? Please describe your experience.
Cerebral Palsy - Treatment and Therapy Question: What kinds of treatment and therapy has your child received for cerebral palsy?
Cerebral Palsy - Other Conditions Question: What other conditions do you or a relative have in addition to cerebral palsy? Please share your story.