Patient Comments: Cerebral Palsy - Symptoms

What are the main symptoms associated with cerebral palsy in you or a relative?

Comment from: rjp, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I have CP (cerebral palsy). My disability is described best by saying that I am spastic and rigid and my balance is affected as well. Lucky for me I can drive without supports. I have recently started using a cane that helps steady me for balance. Without the cane I fall a lot.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Dana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I am 46 years old, now I walk with slight limp and my speech is a bit raspy and quivery. I can jog short distances (2-3 miles). But there are things I can't do, and I just accept that, and be grateful for what I can do.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: nene moreland, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I have a little cerebral Palsy but I dont have any problems. I can walk but I limp on my right leg. I am doing very well for a person with CP.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Cindy, 0-2 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

My child's symptoms include stiffness, tiptoeing, conductive hearing loss in the left ear, hypothyroidism, pronated feet, and low muscle tone.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Cerebral Palsy - Share Your Experience Question: Do you, a relative, or friend have cerebral palsy? Please describe your experience.
Cerebral Palsy - Treatment and Therapy Question: What kinds of treatment and therapy has your child received for cerebral palsy?
Cerebral Palsy - Other Conditions Question: What other conditions do you or a relative have in addition to cerebral palsy? Please share your story.

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.