Patient Comments: Cellulitis - Symptoms

The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?

Published: May 28

I just went to the ER yesterday. I have a bumpy rash on my right arm. I was told it's cellulitis and was given an oral antibiotic (Keflex) as well as was told to put hydrocortisone on it (prescription strength 0.2%).

Published: May 28

My daughter, who's almost 6 years old, is having symptoms of cellulitis for the second time in a space of two months in the same area (left foot). I took her to the pediatrician, and he gave her an antibiotic to take for five days. I have taken her again for the same thing yesterday, and they are doing the blood tests.

Published: May 28

My intial symtom was pain in my calf. It would not go away. After a day or so, I noticed a red rash on my calf and it was swollen but not warm to touch. My doctor put me in the hospital, where I had four bags of IV and was sent home with 10 days of antibotics, a muscle relaxer, and an antiinflammatory pill. I forgot to mention the very first thing the hospital did was take blood and do an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot. The pain felt like the worst charley horse anyone could have. Hope this is helpful.

Cellulitis - Treatments Question: What was your treatment for cellulitis?
Cellulitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your cellulitis?
Cellulitis - Infection Question: Please describe your experience with a cellulitis infection.