Patient Comments: Cellulitis - Treatments

What was your treatment for cellulitis?

Comment from: craig, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I had vasectomy on January 11, 2016. That is almost two weeks ago. I am still recovering. The two visits I have made to the emergency room the doctors were less than helpful. I didn't have much swelling however my sac turned almost black with pass-out pain. I then went to my family doctor. She gave me antibiotics, which helped overnight. She told me it had been twenty years since she had seen anyone take more than three days to recover. Then she informed me that a patient had a testicle removed, to stop the pain. Two days later my sac was light purple. My left side is still swollen. The pain on that side is unbearable still. Bottom line, the surgeon made a mess, and the other local doctors are protecting him.

Comment from: DepressedGurl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I was on clindamycin for cellulitis while I was in the hospital for a week, and when I was released I was given Bactrim 800 mg. Both antibiotics worked really great.

Comment from: Max, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

I took activated charcoal capsules after swallowing some water (accidentally) that had been sitting around in our living room for a week or so. Normally my digestive system overreacts to bacteria, etc. The charcoal must have absorbed the impurities in the water because I had no ill effects. I will keep charcoal capsules in the house.

Comment from: The Joker, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

There are only two ways to treat scabies. One go see your doctor. Two, what helped me get cured is using either antifungal powder or best home remedy, pure neem oil. Apply in affected areas. Neem oil will numb the itching and provide relief within 3 or 4 days. And you should wash your clothes, especially your blankets and bedsheets. Because scabies is a fungal infection. So the fungus might be in your bedsheets even after you get cured and it may again cause you scabies. Only people who have suffered from scabies will know the pain of re-infestation. And it especially spreads in hostels and where many people live together it is contagious. Hope people who read this get cured with the best antifungal natural home remedy neem oil but it should be pure. Best of luck from one of the victims of scabies.

Comment from: sstrain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I went to the doctor today because of an extremely painful sore on my left upper thigh. It is red but has about 15 things that look similar to bite marks inside of the bigger lump. It started hurting yesterday and now I am in so much pain that I had to go to the doctor today on my lunch break. My doctor told me that it was cellulitis and asked if I had rubbed against anything in the yard, or been into anything unusual, which I hadn't. She prescribed me amoxicillin because I am 4 months pregnant and that is one of the only antibiotics safe to take during pregnancy. She said if it hadn't gotten better in 2 days, to call back, and that they would give me a shot of an antibiotic inside the bump.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

Found physiotherapy didn't work for my rotator cuff injury, I am waiting for an MRI and then I expect surgery.

Comment from: Lorilee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

My tinnitus sounds like standing next to a tree that is full of a thousand birds chirping. I also have hearing sensitivity to average to loud noises.

Cellulitis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?
Cellulitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your cellulitis?
Cellulitis - Infection Question: Please describe your experience with a cellulitis infection.