Patient Comments: Cellulitis - Treatments

What was your treatment for cellulitis?

Comment from: Max, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

I took activated charcoal capsules after swallowing some water (accidentally) that had been sitting around in our living room for a week or so. Normally my digestive system overreacts to bacteria, etc. The charcoal must have absorbed the impurities in the water because I had no ill effects. I will keep charcoal capsules in the house.

Comment from: The Joker, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

There are only two ways to treat scabies. One go see your doctor. Two, what helped me get cured is using either antifungal powder or best home remedy, pure neem oil. Apply in affected areas. Neem oil will numb the itching and provide relief within 3 or 4 days. And you should wash your clothes, especially your blankets and bedsheets. Because scabies is a fungal infection. So the fungus might be in your bedsheets even after you get cured and it may again cause you scabies. Only people who have suffered from scabies will know the pain of re-infestation. And it especially spreads in hostels and where many people live together it is contagious. Hope people who read this get cured with the best antifungal natural home remedy neem oil but it should be pure. Best of luck from one of the victims of scabies.

Comment from: sstrain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I went to the doctor today because of an extremely painful sore on my left upper thigh. It is red but has about 15 things that look similar to bite marks inside of the bigger lump. It started hurting yesterday and now I am in so much pain that I had to go to the doctor today on my lunch break. My doctor told me that it was cellulitis and asked if I had rubbed against anything in the yard, or been into anything unusual, which I hadn't. She prescribed me amoxicillin because I am 4 months pregnant and that is one of the only antibiotics safe to take during pregnancy. She said if it hadn't gotten better in 2 days, to call back, and that they would give me a shot of an antibiotic inside the bump.

Comment from: PGKid, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

Two years ago I developed cellulitis, up until then I never heard of it. Not knowing the warning signs I put off going to the hospital for most of the day. When I went it was quite bad infection on my left leg up my left leg and thigh. Apparently my white count was so high they admitted me immediately and gave me IV antibiotics every 4 hours. The fluid blisters on my lower leg were huge and disgusting, dripping continuously. I ended up going to wound debridement once I was out of the hospital, to help clean up and heal from my knee to my ankle. I still have skin scarring but I can walk on my leg and that's all that matters. Needless to say 3 weeks in the hospital and 3 weeks on outpatient IV therapy gave me a new understanding for the seriousness of this disease. All caused by a sore on my toe which took over 2 years to get healed up. While healing I had reoccurring bouts of cellulitis.

Comment from: Lynnda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation six months ago after passing out 2 times within an hour and them again in the ambulance. I have had cardioversion 3 times. First 2 did not work. Third time seems to be holding. I take amiodarone, Taztia, Xarelto, metoprolol, hydrochlorothiazide, and losartan potassium. A lot of pills but they seem to be working.

Comment from: Evamarie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

See your primary doctor as soon as possible. I went to her, and she sent for some blood work. It so happened that my white cells were low and the spleen was enlarged and it was not going through. Yesterday I went to the hospital. The doctor told me I have cellulitis. She referred me to a hematologist and he will make the decision of sending me to a surgeon, to remove spleen. Good luck.

Comment from: DeeCee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 01

I got cellulitis. Three months ago, I had ingrown hair and spent a week in the hospital. I had 2 rounds of antibiotics from the primary care physician. The area still has pain and if I am on my feet the area where it seems to have 'settled' swells. This is an awfully painful infection and I really don't think we fully recover from it. I would love to hear from patients that had it years ago and it didn't return, but it seems that's not the case.

Cellulitis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?
Cellulitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your cellulitis?
Cellulitis - Infection Question: Please describe your experience with a cellulitis infection.