Patient Comments: Cellulitis - Treatments

What was your treatment for cellulitis?

Comment from: Mo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 05

I didn't know what I had till my partner saw my leg. It was very hot and red. I went to the emergency room and they gave me antibiotics. I had to stay overnight to see if the antibiotics took, and they did. They let me go home and it cleared up in a few days.

Comment from: ernie, 55-64 Female Published: February 24

I have experienced frequent urination problems for years. Recently, while driving in late January, I experienced a severe urge to urinate. I stopped to alleviate. I was only able to slowly urinate. About 15 to 30 minutes later I had the same problem. After small urination I felt relieved. I made it to where our daughter lives. I developed a 101 fever. Then I couldn't urinate, and went to the emergency room. They did bloodwork and inserted a catheter. I took Cipro and cephalexin and the infection cleared up. I went back to my urologist. I am taking tamsulosin and finasteride, and scheduled for surgery in April. I still have catheter. Infection is not due to urinary tract infection; possibly, infection in other parts of body or prostatitis.

Comment from: craig, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I had vasectomy on January 11, 2016. That is almost two weeks ago. I am still recovering. The two visits I have made to the emergency room the doctors were less than helpful. I didn't have much swelling however my sac turned almost black with pass-out pain. I then went to my family doctor. She gave me antibiotics, which helped overnight. She told me it had been twenty years since she had seen anyone take more than three days to recover. Then she informed me that a patient had a testicle removed, to stop the pain. Two days later my sac was light purple. My left side is still swollen. The pain on that side is unbearable still. Bottom line, the surgeon made a mess, and the other local doctors are protecting him.

Comment from: DepressedGurl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I was on clindamycin for cellulitis while I was in the hospital for a week, and when I was released I was given Bactrim 800 mg. Both antibiotics worked really great.

Comment from: Max, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

I took activated charcoal capsules after swallowing some water (accidentally) that had been sitting around in our living room for a week or so. Normally my digestive system overreacts to bacteria, etc. The charcoal must have absorbed the impurities in the water because I had no ill effects. I will keep charcoal capsules in the house.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

Found physiotherapy didn't work for my rotator cuff injury, I am waiting for an MRI and then I expect surgery.

Comment from: The Joker, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

There are only two ways to treat scabies. One go see your doctor. Two, what helped me get cured is using either antifungal powder or best home remedy, pure neem oil. Apply in affected areas. Neem oil will numb the itching and provide relief within 3 or 4 days. And you should wash your clothes, especially your blankets and bedsheets. Because scabies is a fungal infection. So the fungus might be in your bedsheets even after you get cured and it may again cause you scabies. Only people who have suffered from scabies will know the pain of re-infestation. And it especially spreads in hostels and where many people live together it is contagious. Hope people who read this get cured with the best antifungal natural home remedy neem oil but it should be pure. Best of luck from one of the victims of scabies.

Cellulitis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?
Cellulitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your cellulitis?
Cellulitis - Infection Question: Please describe your experience with a cellulitis infection.