Patient Comments: Cellulitis - Treatments

What was your treatment for cellulitis?

Comment from: The Joker, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

There are only two ways to treat scabies. One go see your doctor. Two, what helped me get cured is using either antifungal powder or best home remedy, pure neem oil. Apply in affected areas. Neem oil will numb the itching and provide relief within 3 or 4 days. And you should wash your clothes, especially your blankets and bedsheets. Because scabies is a fungal infection. So the fungus might be in your bedsheets even after you get cured and it may again cause you scabies. Only people who have suffered from scabies will know the pain of re-infestation. And it especially spreads in hostels and where many people live together it is contagious. Hope people who read this get cured with the best antifungal natural home remedy neem oil but it should be pure. Best of luck from one of the victims of scabies.

Comment from: sstrain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I went to the doctor today because of an extremely painful sore on my left upper thigh. It is red but has about 15 things that look similar to bite marks inside of the bigger lump. It started hurting yesterday and now I am in so much pain that I had to go to the doctor today on my lunch break. My doctor told me that it was cellulitis and asked if I had rubbed against anything in the yard, or been into anything unusual, which I hadn't. She prescribed me amoxicillin because I am 4 months pregnant and that is one of the only antibiotics safe to take during pregnancy. She said if it hadn't gotten better in 2 days, to call back, and that they would give me a shot of an antibiotic inside the bump.

Comment from: PGKid, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

Two years ago I developed cellulitis, up until then I never heard of it. Not knowing the warning signs I put off going to the hospital for most of the day. When I went it was quite bad infection on my left leg up my left leg and thigh. Apparently my white count was so high they admitted me immediately and gave me IV antibiotics every 4 hours. The fluid blisters on my lower leg were huge and disgusting, dripping continuously. I ended up going to wound debridement once I was out of the hospital, to help clean up and heal from my knee to my ankle. I still have skin scarring but I can walk on my leg and that's all that matters. Needless to say 3 weeks in the hospital and 3 weeks on outpatient IV therapy gave me a new understanding for the seriousness of this disease. All caused by a sore on my toe which took over 2 years to get healed up. While healing I had reoccurring bouts of cellulitis.

Comment from: Lynnda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation six months ago after passing out 2 times within an hour and them again in the ambulance. I have had cardioversion 3 times. First 2 did not work. Third time seems to be holding. I take amiodarone, Taztia, Xarelto, metoprolol, hydrochlorothiazide, and losartan potassium. A lot of pills but they seem to be working.

Comment from: jennaluv38, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I am 43 and have cellulitis for the first time. It started out like a boil in the middle of my back, and within 4 days, was the size of a baseball. I finally went to urgent care, where they did a CT scan to see how far the infection had spread. They were mostly concerned because the huge knot was covering part of my spine. Tests showed that it had not spread, and I was sent home with two prescriptions of antibiotics. It has been nine days now on medications, and the lump has dramatically reduced in size, and I am feeling much better. Mine was not lanced, so now I am very concerned about this huge blistery sore on my back.

Comment from: Helena, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

I am being treated with penicillin at present, two types, co-amoxiclav 250/125 mg containing penicillin and also flucloxacillin 250 mg. The treatment for cellulitis is ongoing and it started last Tuesday 16/12/14.

Comment from: Eric, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 08

I came down with cellulitis originating from a boil on my lower back. The culture taken showed a MRSA staph infection susceptible in the lab to clindamycin. My dermatologist prescribed 4 times a day 150 mg of clindamycin. Nothing improved and the infection raged out of control. I got very worried and went to the local emergency room (ER). The attending doctor was shocked when he saw my back and was ready to admit me. He then asked a critical question as to what was my dosing and when I said 600 mg a day he immediately said totally inadequate, it needs to be at least 1400 to 2000 mg a day. When I asked why primary care physicians do not know this he said this is a general problem, that is, under dosing. I went to 4 times 450 mg a day which in less than two days solved a real serious problem. The moral of the story is that cellulitis needs to be hit hard at the maximum dose level many physicians, do not understand this, however ER physicians do.

Cellulitis - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of cellulitis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?
Cellulitis - Causes Question: What was the cause of your cellulitis?
Cellulitis - Infection Question: Please describe your experience with a cellulitis infection.